Kimberley Cooper

In Canada!

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Tofnio!!

Now to what was the most exciting news at the time! A real trip away from the residence of UVic to a place called Tofino! Imagine sunshine, long sandy white beaches, large forests and people running around in bikinis... then imagine snow, hail and rain :) Tofino is a very popular surf spot on Vancouver Island although if you go when I did you encounter non of the first thoughts but only the second - storm season! (They actually market storm season to get tourists there to see the storms..) At the time I was sooo excited because on the way I got to see real snow! I didn't realize I would soon visit the biggest ski hill in North America (I am going to keep drilling that point in.. the BIGGEST..) and that snow would fall at my very uni, but at the time that tiny amount of snow was the best thing that had ever happened while in Canada! Despite to non stop rain and hail Tofino was a great place. I went with my family from Salt Spring Island and we stayed in the best resort right on the beach! We got to see all the nice beaches that actually do exist in Canada (I may have been a bit harsh about Canada's beaches in previous posts) and I got to see some amazingly large trees! On the way home we went and saw the Salmon run at Goldstream Park. Was just amazing, hundreds of salmon returning to where they were born several years before to spawn then die.. The rain was horrible and my camera stopped working so I was a little disappointed but I got some good photos and now my camera is away for repair so hopefully all will be ok!

Larissa and I excited by the snow!

Tin Wis Resort - our resort for the weekend!

Long Beach - One of the well known Tofino beaches, just ignore the rain in the photo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home